With the spooky season upon us, it’s time to start planning a hauntingly good Halloween! From piecing together costumes and setting up the perfect party – don’t forget your furriest family member needs some seasonal spirit too! Get ready for an eerie evening with these top Halloween cat names!
|Cat Color||Halloween Cat Name|
Salem – The Most Popular Black Cat Name
Halloween + cats? The first association that comes to mind is obviously Salem! In the nineties, the cat of the teenage witch Sabrina became the most recognized fictional cat ever, and it hasn’t changed till this day.
Salem is obviously a black cat. He doesn’t only bring bad luck, but also gives the worst advice to Sabrina. Trapped in the cat’s body, he doesn’t give up on plotting attempts to return to his human form and regain his magical powers. His self-centered personality may not be the easiest to deal with, but, in the end, Salem is quite a cutie! And the show wouldn’t be the same without him. Salem makes a perfect Halloween cat name!
Funny Halloween Cat Names
Halloween is spooky, but in the end, it’s all about having fun and enjoying your time with friends with the family. The Halloween cat names below bring the associations with these special seasons, but remain cute! So if you’re looking for something low-key, these should be just fine.
- Bloody Mary;
Editor’s NoteYou know what else makes a cute name for a cat? Halloween! You can shorten it to Hally or Weeny. Adorable in all versions!
Creepy Pasta Character Cat Names
There are so many creepy stories circulating around the Internet, and they can be a great inspiration for a costume… or a Halloween name for your kitty! The stories with the characters below gave us chills. It’s worth reading these creepy pastas when you have a little free time – they’ll help with getting into the mood.
- Slender Man – for a Sphynx cat, or just a particularly slender kitty!
- Boogieman – because some cats for sure can give us a spook!
- Siren Head – does your cat’s meow haunt your dreams?
- Torture Soup – we wouldn’t call it a torture, but cat’s claws do kinda resemble the pain, huh?
- Zalgo – may not be perceived as a creepy cat name until you actually meet the kitty
Spooky Horror Character Cat Names
Some would say it is quite a weird idea to name your cat after a character straight from your nightmares. But others consider it quite a funny twist – particularly if the pet has a temper! Plus, most characters on this list aren’t actually purely evil. Some grew cruel or miserable as a result of traumatic experiences. Even if you don’t find a match among the ideas on this list, who knows – maybe at least it will remind you about your favorite horrors to rewatch on Halloween night!
Female Names for Cats:
- Samara (The Ring, 2002);
- Alessa (Silent Hill, 2006);
- Carrie (Carrie, 1976);
- Rosemary (Rosemary’s Child, 1968);
- Kayako (The Grudge, 2004).
Names for Male Cats:
- Hannibal (The Silence of the Lambs, 1991);
- Norman Bates (Psycho, 1958);
- Pinhead (The Hellbound Heart, 1986);
- Orlok (Nosferatu, 1922);
- Pazuzu (The Exorcist franchise);
- Dracula (Dracula, 1931).
Ancient Dark Deities Cat Names
If you want to make your kitten stand out with its name, there is no better way than checking the pantheon of ancient deities. We’ve selected the gods and goddesses from ancient Greek, Roman, and Egyptian culture, as well as Aztec and Slavic pagan. Just reading them out loud will already put you in the Halloween mood!
- Kali – the Hindi goddess of time;
- Selene – Titanese goddess of the moon;
- Itzpapaloti – Aztec goddess of the stars;
- Nut – Egyptian goddess of the night;
- Artemis – Greek goddess of the wilderness;
- Hecate – Greek goddess of witchcraft and ghosts;
- Nyx – Greek goddess, the personification of the night;
- Luna – Roman goddess of the moon;
- Artume – Etruscan goddess of the night;
- Vakare – a Lithuanian pagan goddess of the evening star;
- Bresta – a Lithuanian pagan goddess of twilight;
- Ira – Polynesian goddess of the sky and mother of the stars;
- Calypso – Greek goddess of the sea.
- Metzli – Aztec god of the moon;
- Khonsu – Greek god of the moon;
- Hades – Greek god of the underworld;
- Thanatos – a personification of death in Greek mythology;
- Hypnos – a personification of sleep in Greek mythology;
- Rāhu – Hindu god of darkness;
- Bhairava – Hindu god of the night.
Craving some more? Here are some of the best Egyptian cat names!
Demon Cat Names
There is no Halloween spirit, without any demons around. And any cat owner would be lying if they said they had never thought of their feline as a tiny demon. Therefore, you should consider a demon-inspired Halloween cat name! Here are some truly demonish names that fit your cat’s temper!
Spooky Cat Names Inspired by Witches and Wizards
Pop culture loves magic in various forms. If your furry friend emanates with the witchy energy, here are some famous witches to name them after.
- Sabrina (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) – determined and cute.
- Delia (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) – a bit silly.
- Enchantress (Marvel Comics) – misterious and wild.
- Darcy (Winx Club) – friendly and pretty.
- Hermione (Harry Potter franchise) – smart and cunning.
- Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) – softie on the inside.
- Ursula (The Little Mermaid) – loud and demanding attention.
Famous Wizard Cat Names
- Jafar (Aladdin) – funny-looking.
- Saruman (The Lord of the Rings series) – white and serious.
- Gandalf (The Lord of the Rings series) – gray and independent.
- Merlin (The King Arthur legend) – agile and funny.
- Panoramix (Asterix & Obelix series) – silly and cute.
Harry Potter Franchise Wizard Cat Names
No list of Halloween cat names inspired by the wizardry world would be complete without the classic Harry Potter series. Here are some names ideas based on the franchise:
- Bellatrix (Bellatrix Lestrange);
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Cute Name for a Black Cat?
There are many cute names for black cats, including Panther, Midnight, Ebony, and Soot. For a spookier vibe, we recommend names like Witch, Batty, or Boo.
What Was the Witch’s Cat’s Name?
The witch’s cat was Gobbolino.
What Was Merlin’s Cat Name?
Disney Merlin’s cat was named Archimedes. In the live-action series Merlin, the cat’s name was Bastet.
What Do You Call a Black Kitten?
A black kitten can be called by the small black object she resembles. We especially love the names: Bean, Coal, Plum, and Brownie.
Choosing a Halloween cat name can be tricky business. If you go with something cute and fun, it might seem out of place if they are particularly mischievous; on the other hand, picking an offbeat spooky moniker may start to feel like more trouble than it’s worth over time. Whatever direction you take – from ghostly gods to classic horror influences – make sure that whatever stands out about this special pet is perfectly captured in their one-of-a kind title!
Lucas Taylor is a veterinary assistant, freelance journalist and single dad who lives in the suburbs with his three pups: Ruby, Nala, and Woody. He has one cat named Pepper. When he’s not writing articles or working at the vet clinic, Lucas loves cooking French cuisine for himself and friends at home. One of Lucas’ favorite things to do is paddleboard with his son Noah and their canine companions. Pepper is the homebody of the bunch – she loves chilling on the couch.